14 avril 2006

Once again, New York City


It looks like I'll be venturing back to the island of Manhattan in the fall, for better or for worse. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be heading back to school--it's exciting as hell--but I'm not as awed by the Big Apple as I once was. My recent visit reminded me that NYC is a myriad of Stuff to buy, to eat, to do, etc. and it feels like everyone is "on" all the time. The nagging question: how will I constrain the consumeristic self that lurks inside when I'm surrounded by all this Stuff all the time? I guess having little money and being extremely busy will curb the desire to buy, have, and be cooler than everyone else.

Comments:
no it won't-- esp if you're living around campus. yeah for you back in the city in the fall.
 
v excited for you to be in the NYC...we'll let you know when we're in the city.

also, the "huzzah" is only supposed to appear when that individual updates his or her blog.

xx
 
Congrats!

and you are already are cooler than everyone else.
 
Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?