01 mai 2005

When it's time to change, it's time to change, sha na na na na na na na na, sha na na na na

There's nothing I hate more in this world than moving. Okay that was a lie. I'm sure there are many things in this world I hate more, but last week, at the time of my moving out of our cute little house on Cours Berriat, there was nothing I hated more.

148 Cours Berriat, Grenoble
Originally uploaded by Suzy.


And yet, i feel like I am in a constant state of changing homes. Every seven months or so. I just watched the film, Garden State . The main character, Andrew, says something about a milestone in every twenty-something's life where you realize that the place you grew up doesn't feel like home anymore, but neither do the places you inhabit as a young adult. Therefore, you're left with a feeling of nostalgia or homesickness for a place that doesn't exist. I guess I've felt like that since my parents moved a couple of years ago from the burbs to the city and they TORE DOWN my childhood home (insert wailing violins here). Don't get me wrong, I adore my parents' place (I may even end up living there as I am once again jobless)--it's cozy and beautiful--but it's not "home." And I suppose I could stop this running around and settle down somewhere and eventually get married and have babies and then I'd start to feel "at home." But for godsake, people, I'm only 24 and 11/12 years old here! The pains of moving are just growing pains. I'm going to keep on moving down the road until I find what I'm looking for. And one of these days I'm going to make good money at the same time.

Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?