14 mai 2005

5 Terre

Here I am in gorgeous Cinque Terre, Italy. Sitting in the tourist office because it's been a bit rainy today, but there's a guy coveting my computer, so I'll have to write fast or maybe I'll just take my time and make him wait. In any case...
It's quite gorgeous here-- five towns on the northwest coast, protected by a national park. Beautiful landscaping, cacti everywhere, wildflowers, smell of jasmine. Met up with my friend Dominique who was a housemate in Grenoble. Yesterday hiked from our little town, Manarola, to Riomaggiore, back to Manarola, then to Corniglia, then back again. Today we hung out a bit in Monterosso, the most touristy of the five towns, but it started to rain so we came back to do a bit of internet-ing until our hostel reopens at 5 pm. However, it looks like this guy hanging out next to me is getting impatient, and I can't really stand to have people lurking over my shoulder, so I may have to take off pretty soon. It's a shame, because there's not much else to do here but eat, hike and sit in the sun, and since there is no sun and we've already eaten, it looks like we'll be stuck for a bit. Oh well.

Comments:
content que tu t'amuses bien la bas baby, profites en avant de retrouver la vielle ville de Grenoble
 
Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?