24 novembre 2004

Day before the turkey

So I decided that we are going to have everyone we know over to our house for a big Thanksgiving celebration. Everyone kept talking about doing something, but I knew no one would get organized in time, so I told all my roommates that we're going to have a huge feast on Thursday. It's going to be a potluck, so I hope people actually bring stuff and we don't all sit around picking at a tiny bird. Once my roommates found out the price of the turkey, they decided that they couldn't afford to make their own dishes, so we're just going to have turkey as a main course. A 3 kilo bird for about 20 people...Yes, I've temporarily renounced my vegetarianism (no smirks, family!) for a little while. And yes, I was planning on buying, roasting, and carving the turkey myself, until I found a charcuterie that would roast it for me. All I have to do is pick it up and carve it. I've never carved anything in my life, so this should be interesting... I think the evening itself will be interesting, as we'll have a wide range of nationalities in attendance.

Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?