16 octobre 2004

moving day

We're moving today! Finally I can stop living out of my suitcase. Don't have any furniture least of all a bed, but I will sleep on the floor with pleasure if it's in my own room.

Haven't written about my teaching experiences yet. This was my first week and it's been sort of exhausting. I think they gave me the spazziest kids in Grenoble. I found myself yelling at the top of my lungs more than a few times this week--my education profs in the U.S. would not have been proud... I gave all the kids "American" names, something I thought they'd enjoy, but most of them just think I'm a little bit crazy. I have a lot of Mohammeds and Walids that became Matts and Wallys. I feel like I'm forcing them to assimilate to a culture they know nothing about. Hmm, sounds a bit concurrent with what's already going on in French classrooms across the land.

Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?