29 septembre 2004

Alors, je suis vraiment ici!

J'ai l'envie d'écrire en français, mais...
Got into Grenoble Monday afternoon after a painful journey with my insanely overpacked bags from Paris and before that, London. Spent the night with Lauren in Paris and we hung out with some ultra-cool Anglophone ex-pats in a bar called "the Beaver" (believe me, the jokes have already been made), on the Ile de France, or Ile de St-Louis, or one of those îles...

Just got back from my "stage" (orientation) at a little boy's camp in Autrans (the little boys weren't there, don't worry), up in the mountains above Grenoble. All of the assistants in the Grenoble region met each other and went to boring information sessions for 2 days. It was fun to meet everybody, though, and I'm very glad I went. There are assistants from the U.S., U.K., Australia, Italy, Spain, and Germany. It felt like a college orientation, going around and introducing yourself to everybody and remembering nobody's name. But fun. And it made me excited for the coming year. All of the assistants teaching primaire in the mini-region of Isère (Grenoble city and surrounding area) are having a special week of teacher training starting monday, which is kind of cool. I was not really ready to start in my school(s) so soon anyways. I'm going to visit my schools tomorrow and introduce myself. I hope they are expecting me. I have a feeling they're not.

Housing in Grenoble is very competetive, and a bit daunting. I'm going to look starting tomorrow with 2 other assistants and hope for the best...

P.S. Sitting in a cybercafé, listening to french students talking smack about americans, even after I switched places with them to accomodate their group... Oh la la...

Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?