21 septembre 2004

5 days till who knows what

I am leaving for Europe on Saturday and my room looks like Hurricaine Ivan made his way up north. It's going to be a crazy couple of days--what, with finishing my job, packing my shit, finding a place to store the leftover stuff because god knows when I'm coming back, getting all the proper pills and paperwork, applying for an absentee ballot... It's a wonder I'm not running around like a headless chicken. Or a headless Pekow, as someone told me tonight that my last name sounded like some kind of foreign chicken. But I'm strangely calm. I guess it's because I have been abroad many times before, and I've moved many times before, and I've sold my soul to the devil many times before... wait, what? It's late and the prose just flows.
Tonight I talked to an old friend who just started an internship at NPR. Sounds like they're already treating her like an old pro. Good for her. I love that my friends are constantly surprising and inspiring me.

Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?